Thursday, August 24, 2006

wha???

google has some really weird ads. since i posted about the funeral i attended ten days ago, there are three links to sympathy gifts, one to a memorial tree, and another to funeral ring tones.

wtf?!? funeral ring tones...okayyyyy

this household is in a lotta pain right now; we are ice pack maniacs. yesterday, i took lois to bunion surgery. that makes SEVEN surgeries in the last two years: two for cataract, four for detached retina, and this one. we got there about 8:20 and left at 1:50. good thing is the vicodin is keeping the brain occupied...the bad thing is she'll be wearing that cumbersome boot for eight weeks.

and while i've never had surgery myself (sound of knocking), i may be looking at some if my right knee doesn't get better. at the moment, i can't even straighten it out due to the pain and swelling. i'm just hoping that both are due to cartilage wear...which would only mean arthritis and a possible knee replacement down the road...gee, fun! however, if the swelling doesn't subside, i'll go to the doctor and get scoped if needed.

sigh

of course, i'll get my first opinion today at my acupuncturist's office. no, my acupuncturist will only needle me for the pain and swelling...it's her (orthopedic surgeon) husband who will give me a diagnosis.

ain't denial great?

No comments: